How Do You Spell GADFLY?
Correct spelling for the English word "gadfly" is [ɡ_ˈa_d_f_l_aɪ], [ɡˈadfla͡ɪ], [ɡˈadflaɪ]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for GADFLY
Below is the list of 38 misspellings for the word "gadfly". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for GADFLY
- I have been obliged to rest here at any rate because I have been stung on my left hand both by a hornet and a gadfly and it is badly inflamed - "Unbeaten-Tracks-in-Japan" by Bird, Isabella L. (Isabella Lucy)
- The Gadfly took it without speaking - "The Gadfly" by E. L. Voynich
- And there he remained in Vilquin's pocket as it were at the heart of Vilquin's family life observing Vilquin irritating Vilquin in short the gadfly of all the Vilquins - "Modeste Mignon" by Honore de Balzac
- Socrates one would suppose was not more insistent and unexpected in his gadfly attacks upon the Athenian sophists than is Mr Shaw in his raids upon the Pharisees of sophisticated London - "Personality in Literature" by Rolfe Arnold Scott-James
- The gadfly had been killed but it stung the people more sharply than ever sleep not sleep not this night O men of Athens - "Best Russian Short Stories" by Various