How Do You Spell GAGES?
Correct spelling for the English word "gages" is [ɡ_ˈeɪ_dʒ_ɪ_z], [ɡˈe͡ɪd͡ʒɪz], [ɡˈeɪdʒɪz]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for GAGES
- And this intensity gages for me the strength of what else was in him - "James Pethel" by Max Beerbohm
- Who are the Gages who left their cards - "The Bramleighs Of Bishop's Folly" by Charles James Lever
- You have only just given your orders in time ladies he said all my green gages are to be gathered forthwith for the English market - "Holidays in Eastern France" by Matilda Betham-Edwards
- So you may conceive how deeply the poor old man thought of these gages beside which his little orchard of damsons and bullaces was of small account - "Far Off Things" by Arthur Machen
- And further the wise person being pressed to answer might by conference of speeches and persuasions provoke them to offer to the Queen the ports of Flushing and Middelburg and the Brill wherein she meant not to claim any property but to hold them as gages for her expenses and for performances of their covenants - "Project Gutenberg History of The Netherlands, 1555-1623, Complete" by John Lothrop Motley