How Do You Spell GALAPAGOS?
Correct spelling for the English word "galapagos" is [ɡ_ˌa_l_ɐ_p_ˈeɪ_ɡ_əʊ_z], [ɡˌalɐpˈe͡ɪɡə͡ʊz], [ɡˌalɐpˈeɪɡəʊz]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for GALAPAGOS
Below is the list of 13 misspellings for the word "galapagos". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for GALAPAGOS
- When therefore the Essex Junior rejoined the Essex at the Galapagos on the 30th of September she brought comparatively recent news and that of a very important character - "Admiral Farragut" by A. T. Mahan
- There was no report for 1909 in America though an odd aerial object was sighted near the Galapagos Islands - "The Flying Saucers are Real" by Donald Keyhoe
- During the voyage of the Beagle I had been deeply impressed by discovering in the pampean formation great fossil animals covered with armor like that on the existing armadillos secondly by the manner in which closely allied animals replace one another in proceeding southward over the continent and thirdly by the South American character of most of the productions of the Galapagos Archipelago and more especially by the manner in which they differ slightly on each island of the group none of the islands appearing to be very ancient in a geological sense - "The Great Events by Famous Historians, Vol. 17" by Charles Francis Horne
- I was in the Galapagos Islands once - "Joe Burke's Last Stand" by John Moncure Wetterau
- Two days after the arrival of the Essex Junior all the vessels sailed from the Galapagos Islands for the Marquesas - "Admiral Farragut" by A. T. Mahan