How Do You Spell HABEAS?
Correct spelling for the English word "habeas" is [h_ˈeɪ_b_iə_z], [hˈe͡ɪbi͡əz], [hˈeɪbiəz]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for HABEAS
- I have here a writ of habeas corpus for thy Ben - "Isaac T. Hopper" by L. Maria Child
- It is but a short time since the President of the United States issued a proclamation restoring the privilege of the writ of habeas corpus in the loyal States but did he restore it in the rebellious States - "History of the Thirty-Ninth Congress of the United States" by Wiliam H. Barnes
- But if such cannot be found then it is better to establish trials by jury the right of habeas corpus freedom of the press and freedom of religion in all cases and to abolish standing armies in time of peace and monopolies in all cases than not to do it in any - "Memoir, Correspondence, And Miscellanies, From The Papers Of Thomas Jefferson" by Thomas Jefferson
- What is the use of Habeas Corpus if a man may not use his hands when he is out of prison - "Coningsby" by Benjamin Disraeli
- If too large an amount is demanded the defendant can get relief on a writ of habeas corpus issued by some superior judge - "The American Judiciary" by Simeon E. Baldwin, LLD