How Do You Spell HABITUDES?
Correct spelling for the English word "habitudes" is [h_ˈa_b_ɪ_t_j_ˌuː_d_z], [hˈabɪtjˌuːdz], [hˈabɪtjˌuːdz]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for HABITUDES
- For breaking away from the literary habitudes of his time which were to do the gospels or the life of a favourite saint into hexameters he wrote a poem 'Hortulus ' descriptive of the garden of the monastery - "A Mere Accident" by George Moore
- His old motions and habitudes kingly - "Browning's Shorter Poems" by Robert Browning
- Dewar arguing from the known habitudes of compound substances concludes that the formation is in each case a function of pressure temperature and nature of the environing gases - "Essays: Scientific, Political, & Speculative, Vol. I" by Herbert Spencer
- And this could only be if that were true if that is true which we are dwelling upon constantly the absolute naturalness of the Christian life that it is man's true life that it is no foreign region into which some man may be transported and where he lives an alien to all his own essential nature and to all the natural habitudes in which he is intending to exist - "Addresses" by Phillips Brooks
- As for me I must hold on to my old habitudes - "The Project Gutenberg Memoirs of Napoleon Bonaparte" by Bourrienne, Constant, and Stewarton