How Do You Spell HACIENDAS?
Correct spelling for the English word "haciendas" is [h_ˈa_ʃ_ə_n_d_ə_z], [hˈaʃəndəz], [hˈaʃəndəz]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for HACIENDAS
Below is the list of 7 misspellings for the word "haciendas". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for HACIENDAS
- Across the long causeways rolled the creaking waggons laden with the produce of far distant haciendas - "Stonewall Jackson And The American Civil War" by G. F. R. Henderson
- A savings bank system is maintained strict sanitation is insisted upon in the houses furnished by the company and the methods of the haciendas of the region of paying the peon the lowest possible wages for his labor and produce and selling to him at the highest possible prices at the estate store thereby keeping him in constant debt and a species of slavery are avoided - "Tramping Through Mexico, Guatemala and Honduras Being the Random Notes of an Incurable Vagabond" by Harry A. Franck
- The picadores stood aloof with bloody spears in their hands a mounted dragoon was master of ceremonies and there were besides eight or ten vaqueros or cattle tenders from the neighbouring haciendas hard riders and brought up to deal with cattle that run wild in the woods - "Incidents of Travel in Yucatan, Vol. I." by John L. Stephens
- They also passed the remains of an old Spanish town and several haciendas where many cattle and horses were grazing - "The Treasure of the Incas" by G. A. Henty
- We rode to the headquarters of one of the 2 000 000 acre haciendas - "The Red Conspiracy" by Joseph J. Mereto