How Do You Spell HACKNEY?
Correct spelling for the English word "hackney" is [h_ˈa_k_n_ɪ], [hˈaknɪ], [hˈaknɪ]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for HACKNEY
Below is the list of 33 misspellings for the word "hackney". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for HACKNEY
- The place I like very well being close to my owne house and so resolve to go about it and so home and with my wife to church and then to dinner Mercer with us with design to go to Hackney to church in the afternoon - "Diary of Samuel Pepys, Complete Transcribed From The Shorthand Manuscript In The Pepysian Library Magdalene College Cambridge By The Rev. Mynors Bright" by Samuel Pepys Commentator: Lord Braybrooke
- Where is the hackney coach - "Ovington's Bank" by Stanley J. Weyman
- At the age of twelve years he was placed in the celebrated seminary at Hackney near London and two years after entered the classic school of Westminster - "Sages and Heroes of the American Revolution" by L. Carroll Judson
- To spare her sister and indeed herself Annabella had taken a hackney coach and this was what came of it - "The Gold of Chickaree" by Susan Warner
- This day I do hear that Betty Turner is to be left at school at Hackney which I am mightily pleased with for then I shall now and then see her - "Diary of Samuel Pepys, Complete Transcribed From The Shorthand Manuscript In The Pepysian Library Magdalene College Cambridge By The Rev. Mynors Bright" by Samuel Pepys Commentator: Lord Braybrooke