How Do You Spell IAMB?
Correct spelling for the English word "iamb" is [ˈiə_m], [ˈi͡əm], [ˈiəm]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for IAMB
Below is the list of 49 misspellings for the word "iamb". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for IAMB
- 157 Here are fourteen stanzas of composite dimeter each having two sorts of lines the first sort consisting with a few exceptions of a dactyl and an amphimac the second mostly of two iambs but in some instances of a trochee and an iamb the latter being in such a connexion much the more harmonious and agreeable combination of quantities - "The Grammar of English Grammars" by Goold Brown
- And since no such definite musical valuation can be given to English feet a Greek iamb and an English iamb are obviously different - "The Principles of English Versification" by Paull Franklin Baum
- Everybody had something to say and got to his feet to say it well even if some of them did brandish a turkey wing or a Iamb rib to emphasize their points - "The Tinder-Box" by Maria Thompson Daviess
- Clearly and spend is an iamb but Getting is not - "The Principles of English Versification" by Paull Franklin Baum
- By the present scansion the first foot is an iamb in all of them but the two anapestics - "The Grammar of English Grammars" by Goold Brown