How Do You Spell ICHTHYOLOGY?
Correct spelling for the English word "ichthyology" is [ˌɪkθɪˈɒləd͡ʒɪ], [ˌɪkθɪˈɒlədʒɪ], [ˌɪ_k_θ_ɪ__ˈɒ_l_ə_dʒ_ɪ]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for ICHTHYOLOGY
Below is the list of 3 misspellings for the word "ichthyology". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for ICHTHYOLOGY
- It is hoped they may be procured alive and the means afforded of determining how the musical sounds are produced and emitted with other particulars of interest supposed new in Ichthyology - "Sketches of the Natural History of Ceylon" by J. Emerson Tennent
- The importance and the rarity of the species therein described as well as the beauty of the figures will make the work an important one in ichthyology and nothing could heighten its value more than the accuracy of your descriptions - "Louis Agassiz: His Life and Correspondence" by Louis Agassiz
- Of the Ichthyology of Ceylon I am obliged to speak ill very different terms for although the materials are abundant almost to profusion little has yet been done to bring them under thoroughly scientific scrutiny - "Sketches of the Natural History of Ceylon" by J. Emerson Tennent
- But the gar fish is the most terrible among the American ichthyology and a Louisiana writer describes it in the following manner Of the gar fish there are numerous varieties - "Monsieur Violet" by Frederick Marryat
- A fair bargain was ultimately arranged St Pierre receiving in exchange for his coffee some curious root or other and a book on ichthyology - "Rousseau Volumes I. and II." by John Morley