How Do You Spell JAKES?
Correct spelling for the English word "jakes" is [dʒ_ˈeɪ_k_s], [d͡ʒˈe͡ɪks], [dʒˈeɪks]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for JAKES
- Look here said Hodge to Jakes I'll give you six of my pigs for one of your horses and then you'll have twice as many animals here as I've got - "Amusements in Mathematics" by Henry Ernest Dudeney
- A good number fell here for it was not more than thirty yards distant where they had taken up their post and an unpleasant one it was as well as dangerous for they were obliged to stand in a drain which ran from a jakes and which of course emitted no very desirable flavour or if they had left it for a moment they were immediately shot - "Twenty-Five Years in the Rifle Brigade" by William Surtees
- And lest by length of time it be pretended The climate may this modern breed have mended Wise Providence to keep us where we are Mixes us daily with exceeding care We have been Europe's sink the jakes where she Voids all her offal outcast progeny From our fifth Henry's time the strolling bands Of banished fugitives from neighbouring lands Have here a certain sanctuary found The eternal refuge of the vagabond Wherein but half a common age of time Borrowing new blood and manners from the clime Proudly they learn all mankind to contemn And all their race are true born Englishmen - "Daniel Defoe" by William Minto
- Althea Jakes was not going to make a great match but she was and everybody knew it going to marry a 'perfectly charming' man - "Franklin Kane" by Anne Douglas Sedgwick
- Miss Jakes is soon to be back Helen tells me - "Franklin Kane" by Anne Douglas Sedgwick