How Do You Spell JAMESTOWN?
Correct spelling for the English word "jamestown" is [dʒ_ˈeɪ_m_z_t_aʊ_n], [d͡ʒˈe͡ɪmzta͡ʊn], [dʒˈeɪmztaʊn]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for JAMESTOWN
Below is the list of 17 misspellings for the word "jamestown". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for JAMESTOWN
- While the Chickahominy expedition was preparing Smith made a voyage to Popohanock or Quiyoughcohanock as it is called on his map a town on the south side of the river above Jamestown - "Captain John Smith" by Charles Dudley Warner Last Updated: February 22, 2009
- So he had no desire that she should return to her own tribe but rather that she should return to Jamestown and marry him - "This Country Of Ours" by H. E. Marshall Author: Henrietta Elizabeth Marshall
- Even as she caught in the distance the sound of his voice she asked herself if in truth she had ever heard of his death from anyone but the councillors in Jamestown - "The Princess Pocahontas" by Virginia Watson
- Their child Virginia born the next year was the first to be born at Jamestown - "The First Seventeen Years: Virginia 1607-1624" by Charles E. Hatch
- That night Haward slept and the next morning four negroes rowed him up the river to Jamestown - "Audrey" by Mary Johnston