How Do You Spell KAFTAN?
Correct spelling for the English word "kaftan" is [k_ˈa_f_t_ə_n], [kˈaftən], [kˈaftən]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for KAFTAN
- He wore his kaftan open and the little prayer scarf appeared on each side of his long pointed beard - "Stories and Pictures" by Isaac Loeb Peretz
- We've a kaftan new Here to put in pawn with you We won't take it home at all - "Plays A Protégée of the Mistress; Poverty Is No Crime; Sin and Sorrow Are Common to All; It's a Family Affair--We'll Settle It Ourselves" by Alexander Ostrovsky
- His mode of life was quite that of a Polish Jew with long fore locks and dressed in a long kaftan with girdle - "Some Jewish Witnesses For Christ" by Rev. A. Bernstein, B.D.
- Thou wilt present thyself before him not as now in a soiled kaftan but in thy best - "The Valley of the Kings" by Marmaduke Pickthall
- As Kaftan argues we can escape the dreadful externality and artificiality of this scheme only as redemption and regeneration are brought back to their primary place in consciousness - "Edward Caldwell Moore Outline of the History of Christian Thought Since Kant" by Edward Moore