How Do You Spell KANAWHA?
Correct spelling for the English word "kanawha" is [k_ˈa_n_ɔː_h_ə], [kˈanɔːhə], [kˈanɔːhə]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for KANAWHA
- Why when they first began to bore for salt water out on the Kanawha back about the beginning of the century they used to get gas now and then and then they considered it a failure they called a gas well a blower and give it up in disgust the time wasn't ripe for gas yet - "A Hazard of New Fortunes" by William Dean Howells
- There was a connection at Balcony Falls between the James River and the Great Kanawha but as a trade route it was of no such value to the men of its day as the Chesapeake and Ohio system over the same course is to us - "The Paths of Inland Commerce A Chronicle of Trail, Road, and Waterway, Volume 21 in The Chronicles of America Series" by Archer B. Hulbert
- Now that you mention it I remember Jonathan said he met Miller near the Kanawha three weeks ago - "Betty Zane" by Zane Grey
- The two brothers with whom Lapham talked named their figure subject to the approval of another brother at Kanawha Falls to whom they would write and who would telegraph his answer so that Lapham could have it inside of three days - "Entire PG Edition of The Works of William Dean Howells" by William Dean Howells
- Big Sandy Great and Little Kanawha Guyandotte and Monongahela are navigable rivers - "Alden's Handy Atlas of the World" by John B. Alden