How Do You Spell KANDY?
Correct spelling for the English word "kandy" is [k_ˈa_n_d_ɪ], [kˈandɪ], [kˈandɪ]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for KANDY
- There was a carriage road from Colombo one hundred and fifteen miles and from Kandy forty seven miles the last thirteen being the Rambodde Pass arriving at an elevation of six thousand six hundred feet from which point a descent of two miles terminated the road to Newera Ellia - "Eight Years' Wandering in Ceylon" by Samuel White Baker
- Jerdon procured specimens at Darjeeling and Kellaart says it is found in great abundance at Kandy and its neighbourhood Kurnegalle Tunnel swarms with them - "Natural History of the Mammalia of India and Ceylon" by Robert A. Sterndale
- Of course said Trifaldin they don't bury living people in Kandy only the dead - "The History of Don Quixote, Volume II., Complete" by Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
- At two o'clock in the afternoon we arrived at the station Perideniya the nearest one to Kandy - "The Voyage of the Vega round Asia and Europe, Volume I and Volume II" by A.E. Nordenskieold
- The only sugar estate in the island that can keep its head above water is the Peredinia estate within four miles of Kandy - "Eight Years' Wandering in Ceylon" by Samuel White Baker