How Do You Spell LACERATED?
Correct spelling for the English word "lacerated" is [l_ˈa_s_ə_ɹ_ˌeɪ_t_ɪ_d], [lˈasəɹˌe͡ɪtɪd], [lˈasəɹˌeɪtɪd]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for LACERATED
Below is the list of 20 misspellings for the word "lacerated". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for LACERATED
- His right arm was useless and the fingers of his left lacerated by the mugger's bite refused to take hold - "O. Henry Memorial Award Prize Stories of 1921" by Various
- From sunrise to dark on the following day he went at the rate of a half mile an hour through thickets that lacerated his face and tore the skin from his hands and wrists - "When 'Bear Cat' Went Dry" by Charles Neville Buck
- The master never again thought of the pupil till he lay on his own death bed with his flesh lacerated and his limbs broken by the wheel but he felt not those pains there was another far more acute within conscience had re asserted its sway he remembered him he had betrayed and how he had died - "The Prime Minister" by W.H.G. Kingston
- In his left side was a terrible lacerated wound exposing the heart - "Ghost Stories of an Antiquary" by M. R. James
- And if he could do both these things with his fumbling bleeding lacerated fingers his right hand could not be made to pull the trigger - "O. Henry Memorial Award Prize Stories of 1921" by Various