How Do You Spell LACKING?
Correct spelling for the English word "lacking" is [ lˈakɪŋ] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for lacking
Below is the list of 4 misspellings for the word "lacking". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- lackin (33.3%)
- lavking (33.3%)
- leacking (16.7%)
- lcking (16.7%)
Usage Examples for lacking
- Air Circulation Air circulation is of the utmost importance, since no drying whatever can take place when it is lacking - "Seasoning of Wood" by Joseph B. Wagner
- Above all, the moral urge was lacking - "The Rising Tide of Color Against White World-Supremacy" by Theodore Lothrop Stoddard
- But conviction was lacking - "The Law-Breakers" by Ridgwell Cullum
- Their families and their Christmas trees must be lacking to them. - "The Old Wives' Tale" by Arnold Bennett
- " Oh, Shirley," he cried, " if only you were-" And that was another saying he did not complete, because it might have been lacking in loyalty. - "The House of Toys" by Henry Russell Miller