How Do You Spell LACTATING?
Correct spelling for the English word "lactating" is [l_ˈa_k_t_eɪ_t_ɪ_ŋ], [lˈakte͡ɪtɪŋ], [lˈakteɪtɪŋ]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for LACTATING
Below is the list of 38 misspellings for the word "lactating". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for LACTATING
- A female trapped on June 20 1961 was lactating - "Mammals of Northwestern South Dakota" by Kenneth W. Andersen
- A situation unusually favorable for observing woodrats and their associates was discovered on the Reservation where in July 1948 two old strips of sheet metal each covering an area of approximately 25 square feet were used as shelter by a lactating female with three young - "Ecological Observations on the Woodrat, Neotoma floridana" by Henry S. Fitch Dennis G. Rainey
- The testes of a May taken male measured 5 whereas those of one obtained in early July measured 9 One of two males shot on August 4 was a young of the year the other an adult was in fresh pelage as was an adult male shot on July 8 The July taken lactating female and three June taken specimens were in old pelage - "Mammals of Northwestern South Dakota" by Kenneth W. Andersen
- Weights in grams of the younger shrews were 4 6 5 5 5 7 5 8 and 6 4 weights of the older shrews were 6 4 6 8 7 3 7 4 7 5 8 0 8 3 and 8 8 One of the seven females was lactating none contained embryos - "Mammals of the Grand Mesa, Colorado" by Sydney Anderson
- In both spring and autumn molt seemingly is delayed in females that are pregnant or lactating - "Geographic Variation in the Harvest Mouse, Reithrodontomys megalotis, On the Central Great Plains And in Adjacent Regions" by J. Knox Jones B. Mursaloglu