How Do You Spell LEAP?
Correct spelling for the English word "leap" is [ lˈiːp] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for leap
Below is the list of 2 misspellings for the word "leap". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- leep (86.4%)
- lep (13.6%)
Usage Examples for leap
- She ran to the window, and threw it up- and was just in time to see him signal to the carriage and leap into it. - "Blind Love" by Wilkie Collins
- Were I to mention the name of the writer's mother, hearts would leap for that name lives in story and song. - "London's Underworld" by Thomas Holmes
- " Yes, sir; he turned and walked out of the room, leaving all of us standing there," muttered George, with a mental leap backward. - "From the Housetops" by George Barr McCutcheon
- Then came the " practical" leap into the unknown. - "From Sail to Steam, Recollections of Naval Life" by Captain A. T. Mahan
- And now you leap To the other end of the line. - "The Saint's Tragedy" by Charles Kingsley