How Do You Spell MACCABEES?
Correct spelling for the English word "Maccabees" is [m_ˈa_k_ɐ_b_ˌiː_z], [mˈakɐbˌiːz], [mˈakɐbˌiːz]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for MACCABEES
Below is the list of 13 misspellings for the word "maccabees". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for MACCABEES
- Others repeated the histories of Israel recounted the brave deeds of the Maccabees or read from the prophecies of Enoch and Daniel - "The Valley of Vision" by Henry Van Dyke
- 21 The second book of Maccabees - "Companion to the Bible" by E. P. Barrows
- The first book of Maccabees records in detail the repeated blows that Judas struck against his heathen foes - "The Makers and Teachers of Judaism" by Charles Foster Kent
- The two books of Maccabees he regarded in the same light - "The Canon of the Bible" by Samuel Davidson
- The salvation however which is here announced to Judah can be only an imperfect one and cannot go beyond what they really received at the time of the Maccabees - "Christology of the Old Testament: And a Commentary on the Messianic Predictions, v. 1" by Ernst Wilhelm Hengstenberg