How Do You Spell MACKEREL?
Correct spelling for the English word "mackerel" is [m_ˈa_k_ə_ɹ_əl], [mˈakəɹə͡l], [mˈakəɹəl]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for MACKEREL
Below is the list of 38 misspellings for the word "mackerel". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for MACKEREL
- Same day I ran away with a mackerel - "The Domestic Cat" by Gordon Stables
- He afterwards went to Cuba and was subsequently engaged in the mackerel fishery out of the port of Hingham during the warm season and in the winter frequently employed himself in teaching navigation to young men for which he was eminently qualified - "The Pirates Own Book" by Charles Ellms
- Horse mackerel Tom answered - "Tom Swift and his Undersea Search or, The Treasure on the Floor of the Atlantic" by Victor Appleton
- The idea had come from some boating expeditions in which mackerel had been caught and during which food had been eaten not altogether comfortably in the boats - "Can You Forgive Her?" by Anthony Trollope
- It is thought that it was extracted by pressure from the entrailles of the scombra or mackerel but this supposition does not account for its high price - "The Physiology of Taste" by Brillat Savarin