How Do You Spell MAIDS?
Correct spelling for the English word "maids" is [ mˈe͡ɪdz] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for MAIDS
Below is the list of 3 misspellings for the word "MAIDS". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- mids (11.1%)
- mades (44.4%)
- madis (44.4%)
Usage Examples for MAIDS
- Most o' the maids what comes here ha' had a proper butiful plenty on't, and some of 'em ha' talked about it till my eyes was fair drapping. - "Furze the Cruel" by John Trevena
- The Queen saw the bride and turned her face away in disgust, the Prince's sister flushed red with annoyance, and the maids asked if that was how fairies dressed. - "The Fugitive" by Rabindranath Tagore
- She made me comfortable, and she sent over one o' her maids to see to me, and got the doctor, and a load o' stuff come up from the store, so I didn't have to buy anything for a good many weeks. - "Deephaven and Selected Stories & Sketches" by Sarah Orne Jewett
- I had to confess I cared not for her or the other, or, indeed, for maids at all. - "Hugh Wynne, Free Quaker" by S. Weir Mitchell
- The only sound in the King's ears was the sobbing and weeping of the maids and nurses. - "Old Peter's Russian Tales" by Arthur Ransome