How Do You Spell MAMMOTH?
Correct spelling for the English word "mammoth" is [ mˈaməθ] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for mammoth
Below is the list of 7 misspellings for the word "mammoth". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- mamoth (47.1%)
- mammouth (10.0%)
- mamouth (31.4%)
- mammoht (2.9%)
- mamut (2.9%)
- mannoth (2.9%)
- mommath (2.9%)
Usage Examples for mammoth
- " Go to Epstein's for Everything You Wear," it said in large type, and added, " The Square Deal Mammoth Store." - "Ruggles of Red Gap" by Harry Leon Wilson
- It was so huge and so deep that Dotty's small face under it looked as if it had got lost in Mammoth Cave. - "Little Prudy's Dotty Dimple" by Sophie May
- She dazzled New York with a mammoth flower fete in the summer of 1837; and once more, heedless of people's opinions, ruled as queen of New York's little social realm. - "Superwomen" by Albert Payson Terhune
- Mammoth Cave, the largest of these caverns, consists of a labyrinth of chambers and winding galleries whose total length is said to be as much as thirty miles. - "The Elements of Geology" by William Harmon Norton
- But before the time of the cave men, it was warm in England and France, and the mammoth went to live there then. - "The Cave Boy of the Age of Stone" by Margaret A. McIntyre