How Do You Spell MANHATTAN?
Correct spelling for the English word "manhattan" is [m_ˈa_n_h_a_t_ə_n], [mˈanhatən], [mˈanhatən]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for MANHATTAN
Below is the list of 38 misspellings for the word "manhattan". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for MANHATTAN
- Ask anyone who knew me in the Manhattan Stock if they remember Minnie Dupree in 'The Silver Lute - "Star-Dust A Story of an American Girl" by Fannie Hurst
- When I have you fixed up in little old Manhattan you'll forget about him and his mystery inside a week - "The Garden of Eden" by Max Brand
- There is a proportion and dignity in the mammoth buildings of Chicago which is lacking in most of those which form the jagged sky line of Manhattan Island - "America To-day, Observations and Reflections" by William Archer
- Her eyes shrank from the piled serried buildings of Manhattan - "IT and Other Stories" by Gouverneur Morris
- The west of Manhattan Island is washed by the River Hudson which separates it from the New Jersey shore while part of the Sound which is called the East River runs round it on the south and east dividing it from Long Island till it is joined by the Harlem River on the north - "Hurricane Hurry" by W.H.G. Kingston