How Do You Spell MASTS?
Correct spelling for the English word "masts" is [ mˈasts] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for MASTS
Below is the list of 1 misspellings for the word "MASTS". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- maestas (100.0%)
Usage Examples for MASTS
- Sunset, when the masts and yards came down, was equally under bonds; it awaited the pleasure of the captain or admiral. - "From Sail to Steam, Recollections of Naval Life" by Captain A. T. Mahan
- She was straining her eyes to see whether it had two masts or three, when she heard the children's voices below. - "The Billow and the Rock" by Harriet Martineau
- We proceeded in silence for some minutes, when I observed the masts and rigging of several vessels drawn faintly against the dark sky. - "In the Track of the Troops" by R.M. Ballantyne
- As he spoke, a faint cry was heard coming from the wreck, and it was seen that one of the masts had gone by the board, carrying, it was feared, several poor fellows along with it. - "Saved by the Lifeboat" by R.M. Ballantyne
- The water was covered for acres with her fragments, and her masts and spars were shivered to splinters. - "Kathay: A Cruise in the China Seas" by W. Hastings Macaulay