How Do You Spell MEADS?
Correct spelling for the English word "MEADS" is [m_ˈiː_d_z], [mˈiːdz], [mˈiːdz]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for MEADS
- That walk or rather that over the meads to St Cross is for every lover of Winchester that which he takes most often I think that which comes to him first in every memory of the city - "England of My Heart--Spring" by Edward Hutton
- Our gilded roofs and sumptuous palaces are these portable huts our Flemish pictures and landscapes are those which nature presents to our eyes at every step in the rugged cliffs and snowy peaks the spreading meads and leafy groves - "The Exemplary Novels of Cervantes" by Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
- Or passing from the hollow meads up on the rising slopes where the plough rules the earth what so beautiful to watch as the wheat through its various phases of colour - "Wild Life in a Southern County" by Richard Jefferies
- They milked entirely in the meads for coolness and convenience without driving in the cows - "Tess of the d'Urbervilles A Pure Woman" by Thomas Hardy
- Come let us go and make thy father blind For such a sight will blind a father's eye One hour's storm will drown the fragrant meads What will whole months of tears thy father's eyes - "Titus-Andronicus" by Shakespeare, William