How Do You Spell MEADS?
Correct spelling for the English word "meads" is [ mˈiːdz] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for MEADS
Below is the list of 2 misspellings for the word "MEADS". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- mands (5.0%)
- meds (95.0%)
Usage Examples for MEADS
- That walk, or rather that over the meads to St Cross, is for every lover of Winchester that which he takes most often I think, that which comes to him first in every memory of the city. - "England of My Heart--Spring" by Edward Hutton
- Our gilded roofs and sumptuous palaces are these portable huts; our Flemish pictures and landscapes are those which nature presents to our eyes at every step in the rugged cliffs and snowy peaks, the spreading meads and leafy groves. - "The Exemplary Novels of Cervantes" by Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
- Or, passing from the hollow meads up on the rising slopes where the plough rules the earth, what so beautiful to watch as the wheat through its various phases of colour? - "Wild Life in a Southern County" by Richard Jefferies
- They milked entirely in the meads for coolness and convenience, without driving in the cows. - "Tess of the d'Urbervilles A Pure Woman" by Thomas Hardy
- Come, let us go, and make thy father blind, For such a sight will blind a father's eye; One hour's storm will drown the fragrant meads What will whole months of tears thy father's eyes? - "Titus-Andronicus" by Shakespeare, William