How Do You Spell MEDIAS?
Correct spelling for the English word "medias" is [ mˈiːdiːəz] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for MEDIAS
Below is the list of 2 misspellings for the word "MEDIAS". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- medis (33.3%)
- meis (66.7%)
Usage Examples for MEDIAS
- The pupil loses interest and is bored, when a plunge in medias res might have braced him to his work. - "How We Think" by John Dewey
- They come in again and again, but finally, Peruvian patience and Mexican medias being alike exhausted, the Baron rises in his seat looking remarkably ferocious, and addresses them in stirring Spanish. - "Under the Southern Cross" by Elizabeth Robins
- He was allowed quarter of an hour for pressgang work, and sure enough he came back within a very reasonable time with a few spare hands, and then- paddling and poling for dear life- we glided swiftly through the tangled lily- pads and the green rosettes of the Singhara, and soon were in medias res and fairly committed to the deep. - "A Holiday in the Happy Valley with Pen and Pencil" by T. R. Swinburne
- This being said, we at once plunge again in medias res, and, at the risk of being too formal and technical, recapitulate the crops in their order. - "The Khedive's Country" by George Manville Fenn
- It was Augusta's turn to be disturbed now, for, though a lady's composure will stand her in good stead up to the very verge of an affair of this sort, it generally breaks down in medias res. - "Mr. Meeson's Will" by H. Rider Haggard