How Do You Spell MINES?
Correct spelling for the English word "mines" is [ mˈa͡ɪnz] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for MINES
Below is the list of 3 misspellings for the word "MINES". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- landmines (33.3%)
- mies (33.3%)
- 30mins (33.3%)
Usage Examples for MINES
- F. Even if gold and silver were true riches, it would be no easy matter to increase the amount of them in a country where there are no mines - "Essays on Political Economy" by Frederic Bastiat
- Chiswell's mines taking out lead for the army o' Congress. - "The Complete PG Edition of The Works of Winston Churchill" by Winston Churchill
- The men went back to the mines with a cheer. - "The War After the War" by Isaac Frederick Marcosson
- When he went to visit the mines he had it out; but his horse was led behind, for apparently his pride in it was not so great as regard for his own comfort, not to say safety. - "By Desert Ways to Baghdad" by Louisa Jebb
- Some of the Indians in the neighborhood of the lead mines found it more profitable to mine lead for other hunters, than to hunt; hence we find that, at an early date, the mines came to be regarded as the particular property of the Indians, a fact which had considerable influence upon the history of the region. - "Stories of the Badger State" by Reuben Gold Thwaites