What is the correct spelling for APALLED?
This word (Apalled) may be misspelled. Below you can find the suggested words which we believe are the correct spellings for what you were searching for. If you click on the links, you can find more information about these words.
Correct spellings for APALLED
- appalled The more he thought of it, the worse he felt; till appalled by the idea of what he must have suffered he finally fell to sobbing in his mother's arms, and she soothed his imaginary woes with kisses and cookies.
- applaud They did not happen to think that the same inclination which made them crowd about to listen and applaud would one day win for him the attention of all mankind.
- applied I meant them all-as applied to England.
- epaulet There was Captain Battleax seated there, beautiful with a cocked-hat, and an epaulet , and gold braid.
- pallet When the gaoler turned the key in the door, Father John found the prisoner still sleeping on his pallet .
- pallid A car came along and I saw a young pilot lying back wounded, with another officer smoking a cigarette, grave-eyed and pallid .
- pulled Then he was as grateful as if we'd pulled him out of the river.
- Appealed Toward evening, she appealed to George either to do something for her himself, or to send for the village doctor.
- Availed And whether or not this availed him, who can tell?
- Paled But even that paled beside the triumphant sense that no boy or girl could possibly be as happy as they, with their ripened patience and sense of fun.
- Palled Strange documentary evidence was unfolded and compared with the date of a royal decree: affidavits of persons now dead; a ring, the ring; fans, and lace, and handkerchiefs with notable initials; jewelry stamped 'To the Divine Anastasia' from an adoring Christian name: old brown letters that shrieked 'wife' when 'charmer' seemed to have palled; oaths of fidelity ran through them like bass notes.