What is the correct spelling for APRES?
This word (Apres) may be misspelled. Below you can find the suggested words which we believe are the correct spellings for what you were searching for. If you click on the links, you can find more information about these words.
Correct spellings for APRES
- acres Sixteen hundred and fifty acres of the best land in the world.
- apprise I cannot get out of my head, he continued, Lord Dynmore's remark that, if the circumstances aroused suspicion in my mind, they could scarcely fail to apprise Mr. Lindo, who was more nearly concerned, of the truth, or something like the truth.
- apr In the Apr il of the following year, 1500, the new task was given.
- aries The triumph of the Sungod was therefore, and quite naturally, ascribed to the influence of Aries .
- pares Exasperation crept into Mr. Pares voice.
- aspires "The one asserts the possession of that which the other aspires to possess, but considers to be very difficult of attainment," I tried to explain.
- pries The want of sight she well supplies; She makes the pearly gates appear; Far into distant worlds she pries , And brings eternal glories near.
- PRES The Danes now left the church of St. Germain L'Auxerrois and surrounded the monastery of St. Germain des Pres , but the monks there paid him sixty pounds of pure silver to leave them in peace.
- APSES As time went on the multiplication of apses became characteristic of German churches, it being usual to add one at the western end, and more rarely also on the northern and southern sides, the beautiful tapering columns dividing them from the aisles, with the small chapels beyond them, producing very fine effects of perspective.
- OPES This trophy was styled an offering to Jupiter Feretrius, from ferire, which in Latin is to smite; for Romulus prayed he might smite and overthrow his enemy; and the spoils were called opima, or royal spoils, says Varro, from their richness, which the word opes signifies; though one would more probably conjecture from opus, an act; for it is only to the general of an army who with his own hand kills his enemies' general that this honor is granted of offering the opima spolia.
- SPARES It is true that even the licentious fancy of Ovid and Martial generally spares the character of the unmarried girl.
- uprears Only the young short grass uprears itself, and, drinking in with eager greediness the welcome but angry shower, refuses to bend its neck beneath the yoke.
- preys But this was dreadful; it preys on my conscience.
53 words made from the letters APRES
3 letter words made from APRES:ape, apr, are, arp, asp, ear, epa, era, esr, par, pas, pea, per, pes, pre, psa, rap, ras, rep, res, sap, sea, sep, spa.
4 letter words made from APRES:aper, apse, ares, arse, pare, pear, prae, rape, raps, rase, rasp, reap, sear, spar.
5 letter words made from APRES:asper, pares, parse, paser, peras, pesar, pesra, preas, reaps, repas, saper, serpa, spaer, spare, spear.