What is the correct spelling for CIVIS?
This word (Civis) may be misspelled. Below you can find the suggested words which we believe are the correct spellings for what you were searching for. If you click on the links, you can find more information about these words.
Click here to check the spelling and grammar
Correct spellings for CIVIS
- chives Toasted Cheese Sandwich Butter both sides of 2 thick slices of white bread and sandwich between them a seasoned mixture of shredded sharp cheese, egg yolk, mustard and chopped chives, together with stiffly beaten egg white folded in last to make a light filling.
- civet As some one civet-wit among you, that knows no other learning, than the price of satin and velvets: nor other perfection than the wearing of a neat suit; and yet will censure as desperately as the most profess'd critic in the house, presuming his clothes should bear him out in it.
- civvies The civvies were frightened, but they stuck to their homes.
- fives Then I got away with the hand he gave me, and pulled up the four fives.
- hives When the native bee-master came and shook the double swarm into a couple of hives, the little tree stayed crooked.
- ives You must have been a rose, said Miss Ives, and I would have hated you!
- levi's And where is Levi's?
- levis Si levis es, levitas ipsa docere solet.
- mavis No. Mavis, it's like this.
- Dives These dives are called "small," because the darkeys want to put the thing mildly.
- Rives It was last May, you know, that that Rives man deserted her at the altar.
- saves It saves the cook, however.
- VIVAS A storm of loud, animated, passionate voices soon responded to my words with loud vivas.