What is the correct spelling for CONOTATION?
This word (Conotation) may be misspelled. Below you can find the suggested words which we believe are the correct spellings for what you were searching for. If you click on the links, you can find more information about these words.
Correct spellings for CONOTATION
- annotation The annotation of these books possessed the same qualification.
- cogitation He was too weary for clear thinking and as the result of long, confused and very vexing cogitation , he resolved upon a letter to Commander Howard Vincent, R. N. R. This, after much labour, he succeeded in accomplishing.
- condition The news was always the same; there was no change in Ennia's condition .
- confutation In such passages we can see what design the adversaries had in writing the Confutation .
- connotation Probably the editors of the gospels believed that Jesus used this phrase continually, and introduced it into their redactions of early sources without stopping too narrowly to inquire either whether it had this meaning in the passage in question, or whether the way in which they were using it was consistent with the connotation of the phrase.
- contagion Like a child she had at last caught the contagion of Markham's humour.
- contain To a full understanding this day, this moment even-here in this quiet room-would contain enough to crowd an eternity.
- contention On the whole he preferred a quiet life free from contention .
- contortion It has the inevitable drawback, that except by an uncomfortable contortion of the neck-muscles, it is impossible for its occupants to see what is going on in the body of the room; and the view of foot-lights and a drop-scene is one that after a while is apt to pall.
- contrition But by repentance we do not mean sorrow or contrition , but simply turning round whenever we are going wrong, and beginning at once to go right.
- contusion An incessant bombardment of large stones was kept up during the whole night from the thick underwood in the vicinity, directed as well against the sentries on duty, who paced the same weary ground for the ten thousandth time, as against the position occupied by the sleepers, one of whom, having emerged for a moment from the tarpaulin which the rain had rendered indispensable, received a severe contusion .
- contortions It was very funny, the contortions of the negro in the orange ray-stream!
- connotations Therefore it is in short story writing that a firm preliminary grasp upon all the implications and connotations of the basic idea is most essential, also most attainable, and therefore a discussion of fundamental story types concerns itself largely with the short story.
197 words made from the letters CONOTATION
3 letter words made from CONOTATION:act, ain, ani, ant, can, cat, cia, cio, con, coo, cot, inn, ion, nan, nit, not, oat, oca, oct, ono, otc, oto, tai, tan, tao, tat, tia, tic, tin, tit, tnt, ton, too, tot.
5 letter words made from CONOTATION:actin, actio, aiono, aiton, anino, anion, anoto, antic, ation, atoni, attic, caion, caito, canio, canno, canon, canoo, canot, canto, cantt, caton, catto, ciano, cinna, cinoa, cinta, cinto, ciona, citta, coati, coion, conon, conta, conti, conto, cotai, cotan, coton, cotti, cotto, iacon, ianto, inano, intan, ionno, naito, nanto, natin, natio, natto, nicon, nicot, ninoa, niota, niton, nitto, noica, nonia, nooit, nooni, noono, notat, notin, notti, ocain, octan, onion, ontic, otaci, otani, otton, tacit, taint, taito, tanco, tanit, tanni, tanno, tanon, tanti, tanto, tatin, tatoi, tatoo, tiano, tiant, ticao, tinca, tinct, tinta, titan, titon, titoo, tocai, toica, tonci, tonic, tonin, tonna, tonti, tonto, toona, totin, toton.
4 letter words made from CONOTATION:anio, anti, cain, cant, ciao, coat, coin, conn, coon, cooo, coot, coto, icao, icon, inca, inoa, iota, iott, itno, iton, nano, nato, nian, nina, nito, noio, nona, nono, noon, nooo, noto, octa, octo, oita, onca, onni, onno, onon, oono, oont, otic, oton, otoo, otti, taco, tact, taon, tati, tato, tian, tiao, tint, tion, tito, toci, toit, tono, toot, toti.