What is the correct spelling for CONTATION?
This word (Contation) may be misspelled. Below you can find the suggested words which we believe are the correct spellings for what you were searching for. If you click on the links, you can find more information about these words.
Correct spellings for CONTATION
- cogitation None but appeal to Darrell-still more intolerable; except-he paused in his cogitation , shook his head, muttered "No, no."
- condition I'm countin' on pullin' out of here as soon as the horses are in condition ; an' we'll stay at the town till spring-perhaps longer."
- confutation And here, as I have previously remarked, I find two extremes of critical decision;-the French, which evidently presupposes that a perfect delusion is to be aimed at,-an opinion which needs no fresh confutation ; and the exact opposite to it, brought forward by Dr. Johnson, who supposes the auditors throughout in the full reflective knowledge of the contrary.
- connotation There had to be some word for the English "nut," as no amount of the language of John Milton would describe him; and while the connotation of this word as humour is different with us, the appellation of the English, when you have come to see it in their light, hits off the personage very crisply.
- contagion If, however, the outbreak is more general and evidently the result of contagion , the first consideration is to remove all sources of such contamination.
- contain This letter does, to be sure, contain a very unpleasant bit of family scandal, but it is unfortunately no secret.
- contention Altogether we must reject Benfey's contention , at any rate for this particular story.
- contortion While this was being done, and the wretch was twisting his body in every kind of contortion as he writhed under the blows, the procession by chance was following after him.
- contrition On the other hand they dwelt upon my declared contrition , and on my promises; for the performance of which they offered to be bound.
- contusion Mr Spinney was placed in an arm-chair, covered over with a table-cloth, and carried away to the parsonage by two men, who were provided by Betsy before Nicholas or Newton had quitted the room where Mrs Forster lay in a deplorable condition; her sharp nose broken, and twisted on one side; her eyebrow cut open to the bone, and a violent contusion on her forehead.
- notation The German musicians of the seventeenth century used to write voluntaries for the organ, using the shorthand of the older notation ; they jotted down the formulas of the successive harmonies expressed in terms of the chords merely.
259 words made from the letters CONTATION
3 letter words made from CONTATION:act, ain, ani, ant, can, cat, cia, cio, con, coo, cot, inn, ion, nan, nit, not, oat, oca, oct, ono, otc, oto, tai, tan, tao, tat, tia, tic, tin, tit, tnt, ton, too, tot.
5 letter words made from CONTATION:actin, actio, aiono, aiton, anino, anion, anoto, antic, ation, atoni, attic, caion, caito, canio, canno, canon, canoo, canot, canto, cantt, caton, catto, ciano, cinna, cinoa, cinta, cinto, ciona, citta, coati, coion, conon, conta, conti, conto, cotai, cotan, coton, cotti, cotto, iacon, ianto, inano, intan, ionno, naito, nanto, natin, natio, natto, nicon, nicot, ninoa, niota, niton, nitto, noica, nonia, nooit, nooni, notat, notin, notti, ocain, octan, onion, ontic, otaci, otani, otton, tacit, taint, taito, tanco, tanit, tanni, tanno, tanon, tanti, tanto, tatin, tatoi, tatoo, tiano, tiant, ticao, tinca, tinct, tinta, titan, titon, titoo, tocai, toica, tonci, tonic, tonin, tonna, tonti, tonto, toona, totin, toton.
7 letter words made from CONTATION:actinon, anticon, cannito, cantoni, contain, contant, contino, incanto, ocation, tointon, totonac.
6 letter words made from CONTATION:action, anoint, antico, antoon, atonic, canino, canion, canoni, cantin, canton, catino, cation, catton, ciotat, conant, conita, coonan, cotati, cotino, cotoin, cottin, cotton, iacono, iconto, incant, intact, ionaco, nacion, nactin, nanoco, nation, nintoo, nocino, nocton, nonato, nonito, notion, octant, otacon, oticon, tanino, tannic, tantoo, ticona, tinoco, tinton, titano, tocino, tonant, tonian, tonino, tonito, tononi, tonton, tootin, totino.
4 letter words made from CONTATION:anio, anti, cain, cant, ciao, coat, coin, conn, coon, coot, coto, icao, icon, inca, inoa, iota, iott, itno, iton, nano, nato, nian, nina, nito, noio, nona, nono, noon, noto, octa, octo, oita, onca, onni, onno, onon, oont, otic, oton, otti, taco, tact, taon, tati, tato, tian, tiao, tint, tion, tito, toci, toit, tono, toot, toti.