What is the correct spelling for CROWNE?
This word (Crowne) may be misspelled. Below you can find the suggested words which we believe are the correct spellings for what you were searching for. If you click on the links, you can find more information about these words.
Correct spellings for CROWNE
- browne Two days later he was much surprised to find a thin parcel on his breakfast-plate, which, on being opened, revealed the very copy of Sir Thomas Browne which he had studied so intently in Rodney's rooms.
- cone The fire burns in the pit, and the heat is radiated by the cone .
- corona Of the phenomena during totality, those which I most noted were, first, the disappearance of the last rays of the sun in an irregular broken line of light, succeeded at or near this point by a band or corona of a silvery white light almost as bright as the face of full moon.
- coroner After the election of other town officials the company proceeded to the chancel of the church, where the mayor took the oath of office, which was administered by the senior coroner .
- crane It is said that March borrowed a few days of February to catch the crane on her nest, but he only caught her tail, and so the crane has no tail since then!
- creon Then let them send to seek me Creon , or who is strongest in their State.
- cringe At night I shudder and cringe , because I am the coward you would try to reform.
- crone He passed her without a glance and then returned to ask eagerly: "Old crone , hast seen aught of a beautiful princess who sang from this spot not a moment since?"
- crony The good woman had, indeed, lost every thing by this unlooked-for calamity; for the populace had been so intent upon saving the fine furniture of her rich neighbours, that the little tenement, and the little all of poor Dame Heyliger, had been suffered to consume without interruption; nay, had it not been for the gallant assistance of her old crony , Peter de Groodt, the worthy dame and her cat might have shared the fate of their habitation.
- croon Maisters frae England, and tutors, and whatna', but Drumtochty carried aff the croon .
- crow Still a crow may become fond of its owner.
- crowing When, however, the young cocks began to try their voices, their foster-mother was as much annoyed as she had been by the ducks going into the water, and invariably did her best to stop their crowing .
- crown This had life brought him, and a love beyond measure to crown all.
- crowned Each of them-even the children-had disagreeable associations with her tall, spare figure, her severe looking weather-beaten face, crowned with still abundant fair hair streaked with grey.
- grown The people found it difficult to believe this, because He had slowly and unostentatiously grown up like any other man.
- groyne And look there, Nesta, see that groyne ; that very one.
- krone Our dinner was eaten together at the "Krone" with the most jovial of hosts, old Betmann, whose card bore the pictures of a bed and a man.
- Crooned While she bathed his head with the water and gave him a little to drink, she talked to him and crooned over him as she would over a baby for she saw that he was shaken and half delirious with pain.
- Crowns With the magic effect of a handful of crowns Upon people whose pockets boast nothing but 'browns:' – Black Mousquetaire, The : A Legend of France by Richard Harris Barham
65 words made from the letters CROWNE
3 letter words made from CROWNE:ceo, cer, con, cow, cro, eon, ern, nec, neo, new, now, nrc, one, ore, owe, own, roc, roe, ron, row, wen, woe, won.
4 letter words made from CROWNE:cero, coen, cone, core, corn, crew, cron, crow, ncwo, nero, noce, noer, nowe, once, orne, owen, ower, owne, reno, roen, worn, wren, wroe.
5 letter words made from CROWNE:ceron, coner, corne, cowen, cower, creno, creon, crone, crowe, crown, necro, newco, nower, ocwen, oncer, owner, renco, rewon, rocen.