What is the correct spelling for GIM?
This word (Gim) may be misspelled. Below you can find the suggested words which we believe are the correct spellings for what you were searching for. If you click on the links, you can find more information about these words.
Click here to check the spelling and grammar
Correct spellings for GIM
- aim The aim is the direction in which one shoots, or sometimes that which is aimed at. The mark is that at which one shoots; the goal, that toward which one runs. All alike indicate the direction of endeavor. The end is the point at which one expects or hopes to close his labors; the object, that which he would grasp as the reward of his labors. Aspiration, design, endeavor, purpose, referring to the mental acts by which the aim is attained, are often used as interchangeable with aim. Aspiration applies to what are viewed as noble aims; endeavor, design, intention, purpose, indifferently to the best or worst. Aspiration has less of decision than the other terms; one may aspire to an object, and yet lack the fixedness of purpose by which alone it can be attained. Purpose is stronger than intention. Design especially denotes the adaptation of means to an end; endeavor refers to the exertions by which it is to be attained. One whose aims are worthy, whose aspirations are high, whose designs are wise, and whose purposes are steadfast, may hope to reach the goal of his ambition, and will surely win some object worthy of a life's endeavor. Compare AMBITION; DESIGN.
- dim She had sat there for five minutes or so, and her thoughts had had time to grow dim, when there came a ring at her bell.
- gem They all have their beauties; there is always some gem, more or less bright, to be found in them; and the pages of The Prelude are strewn with precious jewels.
- gi It consists of a single large dry leaf, or a bunch of small dry leaves, suspended by a cord from a heavy, coarse grass 6 or 8 feet high; the leaf, the sa-gi-kak', hangs 4 feet above the fruit heads.
- gig Mrs. Acton crowded you out of the gig.
- Gil The story is no longer a mere series of adventures, such as that which happened to Crusoe or Gil Blas, connected by the fact that they happen to the same person; nor a prolonged religious or moral tract, showing how evil will be punished and virtue rewarded.
- gimp "That will do, Gimp," said Lady Mary.
- gin How do you like it, and what do you think of gin, instead?
- Git Sally an' me'll git along arright, an' you ain't got too much time.
- gm If the 10, and 2 gm.
- grim The fact that was his grim future.
- gum How about some sub-gum war mein, or chicken cacciatora?
- gym If you can make your history and physiology come the first two periods in the afternoon, you will be through by three o'clock and can have that last half hour for study or gym, or whatever you like.
- Him In the meantime Carl and the policeman had captured Broxton and handcuffed him.
- I'm No, I don't think I'm afraid.
- Jim The two women looked at Jim.
- Kim But I'll be back afore the men kim in.
- rim He sipped it, looking over the rim with his steadfast brown eyes.
- Tim It was mighty convanient that we arrived in time; but, major dear, you will see clearly that if I hadn't stopped behind, there would have been three of us to be hung by Dan instead of two; so well pleased I am that I found out that it was Tim, my father's second cousin's nephew, who was going to be tried."
- vim Hockey took hold of the school with a vim, and those who were not entitled to use the rink secured sticks and pucks and went at it on the river.