What is the correct spelling for HOLID?
This word (Holid) may be misspelled. Below you can find the suggested words which we believe are the correct spellings for what you were searching for. If you click on the links, you can find more information about these words.
Correct spellings for HOLID
- held Phil groaned and held his peace.
- hilt From this you must desist, it is not the hilt of the matter.
- hod The wind at last was freshening, the sea was calm, and the "Halcyon" was making some four knots an hour; but the very smoothness of the ocean was against her, for her breadth of beam, rounded sides, and greater tonnage would have told in her favour hod the waves been rough; the schooner naturally labouring more in such a case.
- hold "Only tell me one thing-may I hold you?
- holder Measured by feet, he might be a worthy holder of great lands.
- holiday Why can't you make up your mind to enjoy yourself when you come out for a holiday ?"
- holy By all that's holy , I intend to go after you now without pity.
- hood Presently the figure crossed the yard; the door, flying open, released a shaft of light that shot across the white ground, revealed a face beneath a hood to him who stood within.
- lid You know that style of lid ain't worn a great deal by our Broadway stenogs.
- old But he was an old man; he was Joyce's father.
- solid Not a trace of solid rock was to be seen.
- Haled Promptly the strangers were haled before the provost marshal, and promptly landed in jail.
- Haloed Then about this central figure-if one may call a thing so ethereal a figure-gathered a circle of light, an irradiance glowing on a million crystals of frost; it grew and glowed and brightened until it haloed about her head.
- Hid And he will not come back for a long time;' and then she broke down, and hid her face in her mother's shoulder.
- Hoed Corn is probably the best hoed crop to precede the strawberry.
- Holt That Holt man wasn't big enough to beat you, was he?"
- Howled The wolves howled fearfully around the camp, and their eyes still shone through the gloom.
- Khalid This was the boundary between Bashan and Gilead, through the latter of which we had hitherto been travelling, and gave name to the great battle A.D. 637, where the victory obtained by the fierce Khalid and the mild Abu Obeidah decided the fate of Palestine, and opened the way of the Moslems to Jerusalem.
- Hilda But with Hilda it is different.
- holds I hold thee; she holds Khinjan and the ammunition.
- hailed Its advent was hailed with special delight by every member of the battery.
- holier "We have come," his speech began, "to the holiest place in Ireland; holier to us even than the place where Patrick sleeps in Down.
- holed Of course, if the case could be indefinitely adjourned, the complainant or his chief witness might die or move away to some other jurisdiction, and if the indictment could be "pigeon-holed" the case might die a natural death of itself.
- hole Our chimney was a square hole in the roof; it was but a little part of the smoke that found its way out, and the rest eddied about the house, and kept us coughing and piping the eye.