What is the correct spelling for LAYED?
This word (Layed) may be misspelled. Below you can find the suggested words which we believe are the correct spellings for what you were searching for. If you click on the links, you can find more information about these words.
Correct spellings for LAYED
- delayed We have delayed the matter already too long. I cannot be delayed: There are lands to conquer, cities to loot and peoples to degrade. – Bring Me My Bride by Unknown Author
- laced The woman on the sofa laced her fingers lightly and regarded her guest afresh.
- late It is not well to be a day late ....
- laud The peasants were headed by Father Jerome, the priest of St. Laud , and it was he who first mounted the steps leading up to the front door of the house.
- lawyer "Later on," answered the old lawyer .
- layer Mrs. Briggs occupied the exalted position of layer -out in chief in Brethaven village, and right proud was she of her calling.
- Allayed It may be considered as an earnest of their future peaceable demeanor; the disbelief of the sceptic will thus be put to the blush, and the apprehensions of the timid allayed.
- Bayed He looked up at old Mother Moon and bayed and bayed, but old Mother Moon did not help him a bit.
- Belayed They were drenched and buried in each wallowing sea, which strove to tear them from the pin to which each man was belayed by the line round his waist; and their ears were stunned with the bellow of each bursting wave.
- Cloyed But then he told me that, a great deal before the war, my Lord Chancellor did speak of a war with some heat, as a thing to be desired, and did it upon a belief that he could with his speeches make the Parliament give what money he pleased, and do what he would, or would make the King desire; but he found himself soon deceived of the Parliament, they having a long time before his removal been cloyed with his speeches and good words, and were come to hate him.
- Lamed Luckily his father was near, and extricated him; but for that, and the fact of his wearing high riding boots, he might have been burnt to death, or lamed for life-as it was, the boiling mud had burnt the boots through before they could be pulled off, and the knee above had been severely hurt.
- Loyd Here is a funny little age problem, by the late Sam Loyd , which has been very popular in the United States.
40 words made from the letters LAYED
3 letter words made from LAYED:ade, ale, dal, day, dle, dye, eld, lad, lay, lea, led, ley, lye, yea.
4 letter words made from LAYED:aldy, ayed, dale, deal, dlya, dyal, dyle, eady, ealy, eday, elya, eyad, lade, lady, laye, lead, leda, lyde, yale, yeda, yeld.
5 letter words made from LAYED:dealy, delay, layed, yadel, yelda.