What is the correct spelling for PENTANT?
This word (Pentant) may be misspelled. Below you can find the suggested words which we believe are the correct spellings for what you were searching for. If you click on the links, you can find more information about these words.
Correct spellings for PENTANT
- pedant Only a pedant will seize on the supposed paradox that a war for equal rights for white men should have met with reprobation from an Ireland clamouring for Home Rule.
- penchant In his case it was a natural penchant and at the same time a pose, the attitude of every heir-presumptive towards the crowned head, a way of winning admiration and captivating by force of contrast.
- pendant And, stimulated by this thought, he drew out from a handsome morocco case a superb pendant of emeralds and diamonds-a work of art, that glittered as he displayed it, like a star on a frosty night.
- pendent Here, firm-planted on the square, and jutting at an angle from the body of the church, stands a massive bell-tower overgrown from head to foot with pendent weeds and grasses whose roots have found a home in the interstices of its masonry; a grimly venerable pile, full of character.
- penitent The president of the senate had listened with a penitent mien and bowed head, but now he recovered his presence of mind and exclaimed indignantly: "The people die, the town and country are going to ruin, plague and horrors rise up from the river.
- pennant Letter X To Thomas Pennant, Esquire August 4, 1767. It has been my misfortune never to have had any neighbours whose studies have led them towards the pursuit of natural knowledge; so that, for want of a companion to quicken my industry and sharpen my attention, I have made but slender progress in a kind of information to which I have been attached from my childhood.
- repentant She was his wife, let what would happen-his erring but repentant Ethie.
- pendants Both at Oxford and at Cambridge the halls of the seventeenth century were, as I have said, mere pendants of the colleges; they must have had a separate character as a social community and a certain independence; but if they had separate endowments, they did not manage them, and each of them depended for its instruction mainly on the college to which it was affiliated.
57 words made from the letters PENTANT
3 letter words made from PENTANT:ane, ant, ape, apt, ate, atp, eat, ent, epa, eta, nan, nap, net, nne, pan, pat, pea, pen, pet, tan, tap, tat, tea, ten, tet, tnt, tpn.
4 letter words made from PENTANT:ante, apne, etna, nape, neap, neat, nepa, nett, pane, pant, pate, pean, peat, penn, pent, tape, tate, tean, teat, tent.
5 letter words made from PENTANT:natte, panet, penan, penta, petta, tanen, tanne, tante, tapen, tenta.