What is the correct spelling for PHALIS?
This word (Phalis) may be misspelled. Below you can find the suggested words which we believe are the correct spellings for what you were searching for. If you click on the links, you can find more information about these words.
Correct spellings for PHALIS
- challis His labours were known to but few besides the Astronomer-Royal and Professor Challis of Cambridge, to whom the duty of making the search was afterwards entrusted.
- falls On church and square and market The noonday silence falls; You'll hear the drowsy mutter Of the fountain in our halls. – The Broken Men by Rudyard Kipling
- phallus As a phallic symbol, the menhir must have been inseparably related to a Celtic sun-cult; because among all ancient peoples where phallic worship has prevailed, the sun has been venerated as the supreme masculine force in external nature from which all life proceeds, while the phallus has been venerated as the corresponding force in human nature.
- Halos If a reddish tone of hair is desired it is certain to grow out yellow or brown or black; and if brown is your favorite shade you are absolutely sure to be nice and red-headed, with eyebrows and lashes to match, and so many cowlicks that when you remove your hat people will think you're wearing two or three halos at once.
- Hals Here was a man capable of painting portraits, perhaps not quite so full of grip as the best work done by Velasquez and Hals , only just falling short of these masters at the point where they were strongest, but plainly exceeding them in graciousness of intention, and subtle happiness of design, who would lay down his palette and run to a newspaper office to polish the tail of an epigram which he was launching against an unfortunate critic who had failed to distinguish between an etching and a pen-and-ink drawing!
- Phalli The conquering troops returned to the camp laden with booty, and driving before them asses carrying, as bloody tokens of victory, quantities of hands and phalli cut from the dead bodies of the slain.
- Phelps Maeterlinck wrote as follows to Professor Phelps : "You are quite right.
- hails He often hails death as welcome at any age, as the deliverer who strikes off the chain and opens the prison door, the one harbour on a tempestuous and treacherous sea.
- halls Why are they for ever meeting each other round street corners, and going to music-halls, and taking cabs late at night?
- palls Quite without the precedent of the previous trip to Buffalo, Niagara Palls , and Chicago, train-sickness set in and the remainder of the day was spent hunched with her face to the prickly hot plush of the seat, her hair and linen suit awry, and not a spot on the pillow mercifully proffered by the porter that would remain cool to her cheek.
- fails It's somethin' that never fails .
- phials The testimony of a cloud of witnesses, in the form of phials and medical vessels, proved that she had for some time been an invalid.
- pails Yes, missis-a drorin' of it off in their own pails at the balkny house by the mooze, where the supply is froze...."
75 words made from the letters PHALIS
3 letter words made from PHALIS:ail, ali, alp, als, ash, asl, asp, hap, hip, lah, lap, lip, pal, pas, phi, pia, psa, psi, sap, sha, sip, spa.
4 letter words made from PHALIS:alih, alps, apis, hail, hasp, ilah, ilha, lapi, lash, lisp, pail, pals, phai, piha, pisa, plah, plai, sahi, sail, salh, salp, shia, ship, siah, sial, siha, sihl, slah, slap, slip.
5 letter words made from PHALIS:aphis, apish, hails, halis, hasli, hilsa, ilhas, islah, lapsi, pails, pashi, phial, pilah, plash, psila, sahli, saiph, shali, silpa, sipah, slahi, spail, spali.