What is the correct spelling for PYR?
This word (Pyr) may be misspelled. Below you can find the suggested words which we believe are the correct spellings for what you were searching for. If you click on the links, you can find more information about these words.
Correct spellings for PYR
- par They had stopped a moment at the top of what was known as The Steps-par excellence-which was the shortest cut up to the field-path.
- pr The dour old Scotch mercenary did not like Ambrose any better than we did, but toward the end of the first month he admitted to me that the boy had the makings of a star golfer, though not, he was careful to explain, "the pr -roper temperament for the game."
- pry I shall never try to pry into affairs of State."
- pyre The longest of the pines in the forest were cut down by the gods, and piled up in a mighty pyre on the deck of his great ship Ringhorn, the largest in the world.
- pyx At the Battle of the Standard in 1138 the staff of the English standard was in the form of the mast of a ship, having a silver pyx at the top, containing the host, and bearing three sacred banners dedicated respectively to St. Peter, St. John of Beverley, and St. Wilfrid of Ripon, the whole being fastened-like the standards of the Persians and Assyrians-to a wheeled vehicle.
- yr There is no direct evidence as to the date of his birth but we may infer from the following facts that he was born not long before B.C. 100. 1. Jerome puts his literary activity under B.C. 40 yr .
- PYM Either he had not been able to get down into the hold again, or he had not ventured to do so, fearing to betray the presence of Arthur Pym , and thinking the moment for confessing everything to his father had not yet come.