What is the correct spelling for QUADRANRS?
This word (Quadranrs) may be misspelled. Below you can find the suggested words which we believe are the correct spellings for what you were searching for. If you click on the links, you can find more information about these words.
Correct spellings for QUADRANRS
- quadrant To determine the hour and our position I fetched a quadrant from my cabin, and was happily just in time to catch the sun crossing the meridian.
- quadrature The quadrature and exact area of the circle demonstrated.
- quadrangles The quadrangles and lawns of Harvard, Yale, and Princeton almost recall Oxford and Cambridge; their lecture-rooms, laboratories, and post-graduate studies hint of Germany, where nearly all American teachers of the present generation have been educated."
- quadrants This at last accomplished, he turned round to the Baron, and, changing the huge key about backwards and forwards in his hands, replied with a peculiar smile, "Yes, there are thousands and thousands down there-all my dear dead master's beautiful instruments-telescopes, quadrants, globes, dark mirrors, they all lie smashed to atoms underneath the ruins between the stones and the big balk."
- quatrains Again, in epigrams dealing with memorable events or in praise of famous men, sometimes he looked to the profit of the work rather than to its polish, as in Ausonius' quatrains on the Caesars.
- squadrons The necessity and the difficulty of thus watching the squadrons of an enemy within his ports-of "blockading" them, to use a common expression, of "containing" them, to conform to a strictly accurate military terminology-are more familiar to the British naval mind than to ours; for, both by long historical experience and by present-day needs, the vital importance of so narrowly observing the enemy's movements has been forced upon its consciousness.