What is the correct spelling for SMOTHED?
This word (Smothed) may be misspelled. Below you can find the suggested words which we believe are the correct spellings for what you were searching for. If you click on the links, you can find more information about these words.
Correct spellings for SMOTHED
- smoked He felt really ashamed of having smoked it under false pretences.
- smoothed It was a large single sheet of paper, and as the operative smoothed it out, he realized that it must be the message which had been hurriedly brought to Brunell in the early hour before the dawn.
- smoother As soon as they were clear of the bar at the mouth of the harbour the sea had become smoother , and in the interest he had taken in Josh's narrative about Tom Dodder's Rock, Arthur had forgotten a little of his discomfort and dread; but now that the boat was getting farther from land and the story was at an end, he began to show his nervousness in various ways, the more that nobody but Josh seemed to be noticing him, for his father was busy with a small glass, inspecting the various headlands and points, and looking long and earnestly at the old mines, whose position was indicated by the crumbling stone engine-houses.
- smother The walls, the peaceful room, seemed to smother and stifle her.
- smothered For, mark you, fellow-citizens, there is a smothered volcano of wrath and vengeance in the great popular heart upon such occasions.
- Mouthed The Twins were staring at him open-mouthed.
- Scythed No skilful warrior of Seine directs The scythed chariot 'gainst his country's foe.
- Smote The two were standing near the end of the Pass at a small gate, and as Andy ceased speaking a sound smote their ears that turned them pale.
- Soothed If he believed his own story, he should, like a devoted husband, have watched over her with tenderness, his heart full of love should have gone out towards the poor, afflicted woman, and he should have bent over her and soothed her, and spent the last penny he had, for her recovery!
- smothers In this breath of fire, will and will-power die the death; it smothers everything that has existed, and nothing remains but the holy, blazing flame which shines and makes happy, even if it destroys.
- seethed My mind now seethed with bitter thoughts and words, now fell into a stupor, and I rehearsed nothing of what I should say to His Majesty, except that I was done with his service and was then going to France for a little, unless it pleased him to have me arrested and hanged too for nothing.
130 words made from the letters SMOTHED
4 letter words made from SMOTHED:dehm, demo, deth, dohm, dome, dose, dote, dots, hedo, hemo, hmtd, hoes, home, hose, host, mehd, mesh, meso, meth, mode, mods, moed, mohd, mosh, most, mote, moth, odeh, odet, ohms, othe, oths, sdeh, sdot, seht, seth, shed, shem, shmo, shod, shoe, shot, sohm, some, stem, stoh, teoh, teso, thed, thse, toed, tome, tosh.
3 letter words made from SMOTHED:des, doe, doh, dos, dot, dts, edo, eos, esm, est, hem, het, hmo, hod, hoe, hot, med, mes, mho, mod, mot, msh, mst, ode, oed, ohm, set, sod, soh, som, sot, sth, stm, ted, thd, thm, tho, tod, toe, tom, tsh.
5 letter words made from SMOTHED:desto, dhmts, dhote, doest, doeth, dohme, dohse, domet, doseh, ethos, hemos, hoest, homed, homes, homsd, mdest, mesto, metho, meths, metod, modes, moest, mosed, mothe, odets, shoed, shome, smedt, thems, thode, thome, thoms, todes, tohme, tomes, tosed.