What is the correct spelling for VAUGN?
This word (Vaugn) may be misspelled. Below you can find the suggested words which we believe are the correct spellings for what you were searching for. If you click on the links, you can find more information about these words.
Click here to check the spelling and grammar
Correct spellings for VAUGN
- faun The Hermit and the Faun.
- vague The somewhat vague explanations which followed called for an examination of grocer's and butcher's accounts; and the two heads were bent so closely over the parti-coloured slips that neither heard the hasty preparations for departure going on in the rear.
- vain Then in vain he protested, recalcitrated.
- van What was his name-"Van Henslaer"?
- vane The fifth is the wind vane; this hath also two parts; the first to shew the strength of the wind, which is observed by the number of revolutions in the vane-mill, and marked by three punches; the first marks every 10,000 revolutions, the second every 1,000, and the third every 100: The second, to shew the quarters of the wind, this hath four punches; the first with one point, marking the North quarters, viz.
- vaughan Vaughan took the letter and read it before replying.
- vaunt I thought it might be possible to find an easier route than that taken by Mr. Kennedy, and that if we succeeded in discovering one we should be able at once to refute his traducers, and to vaunt our superior wisdom.
- vein My western verse seems to be catching on; I notice that a good many others of the boys are striking out in the same vein.
- venn Mr. Venn is quoted as saying, Dr. Woodward's societies were the first we read of.
- wain Thus, instead of the Latin word omnibus, he would have folk-wain; for the Greek botany, he would substitute wort-lore; for auction, he would give us bode-sale; globule he would replace with ballkin; the Greek word horizon must give way to the pure English sky-edge; and, instead of quadrangle, he would have us all write and say four-winkle.
- wan The girl made a wan effort to smile.
- warn The Schoolmaster tried again to warn the boy.
- waugh He was no Colonel Waugh, rich only by means of his rich impudence.
- Vang It was not long before Vang Khan saw that all was lost.
- Vaughn The tinsel girls wear now is poor stuff, and money is thrown away in buying it," said Mrs. Vaughn, who overheard them and guessed the temptation which beset the little country girl.