How Do You Spell NAPHTHA?
Correct spelling for the English word "naphtha" is [n_ˈa_f_θ_ə], [nˈafθə], [nˈafθə]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for NAPHTHA
Below is the list of 12 misspellings for the word "naphtha". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for NAPHTHA
- There were several small boats and a naphtha launch in the boat house - "The House of a Thousand Candles" by Meredith Nicholson
- A number of figures on the beach were hastening in his direction from the pier afar a naphtha put out he could hear faintly the sound of the engine - "A Man and His Money" by Frederic Stewart Isham
- They all went together into the house flaming with naphtha gas and with the steam heat already on and Dan said he would take his bag to his room and then come down again - "April Hopes" by William Dean Howells Last Updated: February 27, 2009
- Under the front seat are receptacles one for tools with which to repair damages in the event of a breakdown on the road and the other for a store of oil petroleum or naphtha in cans from which to replenish the oil tank of the carriage on the journey if it be a long one - "The Mastery of the Air" by William J. Claxton
- Some one would come every now and then and pour port wine and naphtha into his mouth and morning and evening he was washed carefully with warm water by gentle hands - "The Great Hunger" by Johan Bojer