How Do You Spell NAVIES?
Correct spelling for the English word "navies" is [ nˈe͡ɪvɪz] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for Navies
Below is the list of 1 misspellings for the word "Navies". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- navi (100.0%)
Usage Examples for Navies
- Son, have you forgot Those mellow autumn days, two years ago, When first we sent our little ship Half- Moon,- The flag of Holland floating at her peak,- Across a sandy bar, and sounded in Among the channels, to a goodly bay Where all the navies of the world could ride? - "The Poems of Henry Van Dyke" by Henry Van Dyke
- Three elements enter into the fighting efficiency of nations at war: the strength of their navies the strength of their armies and the condition of their coast defences. - "Our War with Spain for Cuba's Freedom" by Trumbull White
- He repeated his strategy of the previous war by sending out a strong squadron to attack the base at which the enemy's ships were then assembling; and he definitely committed the English navy, alone among all the navies in the world, to sailing- ship tactics, instead of continuing those founded on the rowing galley of immemorial fame. - "Elizabethan Sea Dogs" by William Wood
- Negotiations failed to lower the demands of either side, and England prepared to deal with the navies of Russia, Denmark, Sweden, and Prussia. - "History of Modern Europe 1792-1878" by C. A. Fyffe
- But, said Sergeant Madden to himself, I bet they've still got armies and navies - "A Matter of Importance" by William Fitzgerald Jenkins