How Do You Spell OAKS?
Correct spelling for the English word "oaks" is [ ˈə͡ʊks] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for Oaks
Below is the list of 1 misspellings for the word "Oaks". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- oakes (100.0%)
Usage Examples for Oaks
- There wuz three hundred acres, all gardens and lawns and a drivin' park and a park full of magestick old live oaks and acres and acres of the most beautiful flowers and all the choicest fruit you could think of. - "Around the World with Josiah Allen's Wife" by Marietta Holley
- Slowly the night fell, and as they rode under the branches of the oaks Jack took courage to say: " I wish Miss Yardwell had been here, Harry." - "The Eagle's Heart" by Hamlin Garland
- The Giant Fights Laegaire and Conall This shadow took the shape of a huge giant, whose spears were mighty branch- stripped oaks which he hurled at Laegaire. - "Hero-Myths & Legends of the British Race" by Maud Isabel Ebbutt
- How often I have looked at oaks since, and yet have never been able to get the same effect from them! - "The Eulogy of Richard Jefferies" by Walter Besant
- I was feeling so much better I decided I would go home a roundabout way; perhaps to the top of Black Hill; perhaps up Horse Wash, where I might meet father, who would be on his way home from Fair Oaks where he went this morning. - "When A Man's A Man" by Harold Bell Wright