How Do You Spell OARS?
Correct spelling for the English word "oars" is [ ˈɔːz] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for OARS
Below is the list of 1 misspellings for the word "OARS". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- orrs (100.0%)
Usage Examples for OARS
- But now the wind had fallen to a steady breeze, and with the help of the oars and a blanket, we contrived to fashion a sail that drew us through the water at a good speed. - "Montezuma's Daughter" by H. Rider Haggard
- The Danes had the greatest difficulty in getting alongside, the oars keeping the galleys at a distance. - "The Dragon and the Raven or, The Days of King Alfred" by G. A. Henty
- Dr. Grenfell stood holding the coin in his hand, wondering how he came to make such a fool of himself, while the fisherman's broad back bent to the oars of the little boat that took him ashore. - "Grenfell: Knight-Errant of the North" by Fullerton Waldo
- He was about to cast loose the oars again, when the boat was brought to a violent stop. - "The Puppet Crown" by Harold MacGrath
- All were then on board, the rowers struck their oars and once more the little party found themselves launched upon the sea. - "The Scottish Chiefs" by Jane Porter