How Do You Spell OBITUARIES?
Correct spelling for the English word "obituaries" is [ ɒbˈɪt͡ʃʊ͡əɹˌiz] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for Obituaries
Below is the list of 23 misspellings for the word "Obituaries". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for Obituaries
- The newspapers printed columns of obituaries the State of Colorado ordered a public funeral in his honor; it was the passing of a heroic figure in American annals. - "The Adventures of Buffalo Bill" by Col. William F. Cody
- Some are settling the tariff and fixing the laws of suffrage and taxation while he is dozing over the weather bulletin, and going to sleep over the obituaries in his morning or evening paper. - "The Complete PG Works of Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr." by Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr. (The Physician and Poet not the Jurist)
- It will be such a joy to read our obituaries - "The Captain of the Gray-Horse Troop" by Hamlin Garland
- The obituaries of ecclesiastics and details of foreign missions, which we have already recorded, are its salient points. - "An Illustrated History of Ireland from AD 400 to 1800" by Mary Frances Cusack
- He was much taken with the new idea, and his request for such obituaries with an offer of a prize for the best- a portrait of himself drawn by his own hand- really appeared in Harper's Weekly later in the year. - "Mark Twain, A Biography, 1835-1910, Complete The Personal And Literary Life Of Samuel Langhorne Clemens" by Albert Bigelow Paine Last Updated: February 20, 2009