How Do You Spell OBLONGATA?
Correct spelling for the English word "oblongata" is [ ˌɒbləŋɡˈɑːtə] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Usage Examples for Oblongata
- On its under surface is a depression which receives the medulla oblongata - "A Practical Physiology" by Albert F. Blaisdell
- In the medulla oblongata exists a nervous centre called the vaso- motor centre, because of its close relations with the vaso- motor nerves. - "The Education of American Girls" by Anna Callender Brackett
- Whilst the voluntary muscles are thus brought under the influence of the poison, symptoms denoting the invasion of the oblongata are rapidly developing. - "On Snake-Poison: its Action and its Antidote" by A. Mueller
- The stem of the brain, the medulla oblongata and the spinal cord, consists externally of white matter, the grey matter being internal. - "The Brain and the Voice in Speech and Song" by F. W. Mott
- The medulla oblongata situated at the base of the brain where it joins the spinal cord, contains those brain centers that control the purely vegetative, vital functions: the circulation of the blood, the respiration, regulation of animal heat, etc. - "Nature Cure" by Henry Lindlahr