How Do You Spell OBLONGATA?
Correct spelling for the English word "Oblongata" is [ˌɒbləŋɡˈɑːtə], [ˌɒbləŋɡˈɑːtə], [ˌɒ_b_l_ə_ŋ_ɡ_ˈɑː_t_ə]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for OBLONGATA
- On its under surface is a depression which receives the medulla oblongata - "A Practical Physiology" by Albert F. Blaisdell
- In the medulla oblongata exists a nervous centre called the vaso motor centre because of its close relations with the vaso motor nerves - "The Education of American Girls" by Anna Callender Brackett
- Whilst the voluntary muscles are thus brought under the influence of the poison symptoms denoting the invasion of the oblongata are rapidly developing - "On Snake-Poison: its Action and its Antidote" by A. Mueller
- The stem of the brain the medulla oblongata and the spinal cord consists externally of white matter the grey matter being internal - "The Brain and the Voice in Speech and Song" by F. W. Mott
- The medulla oblongata situated at the base of the brain where it joins the spinal cord contains those brain centers that control the purely vegetative vital functions the circulation of the blood the respiration regulation of animal heat etc - "Nature Cure" by Henry Lindlahr