How Do You Spell OBSCURED?
Correct spelling for the English word "obscured" is [ ɒbskjˈʊ͡əd] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for Obscured
Below is the list of 6 misspellings for the word "Obscured". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- obsecured (10.5%)
- obsurced (10.5%)
- obsured (42.1%)
- obsurd (5.3%)
- obscurred (21.1%)
- obsucred (10.5%)
Usage Examples for Obscured
- Daylight came in quickly now, though clouds seemingly a mile in depth obscured the sun, and the horizon was close on board of them all around. - "Annie o' the Banks o' Dee" by Gordon Stables
- The army was but three days from Smolensk when the heavens became dark, and snow began to fall in great flakes, in such a quantity that the air was obscured - "Napoleon's Campaign in Russia Anno 1812" by Achilles Rose
- Were the sun to be obscured the planets would also disappear from view. - "The Story of the Heavens" by Robert Stawell Ball
- The smoke still rose from down below and obscured the face of the waters. - "As It Was in the Beginning" by Philip Verrill Mighels
- The day, too, was in conformity with the scene; the sun was obscured the wind blew through the ruined building, it rained, was cold and cheerless. - "Incidents of Travel in Greece, Turkey, Russia, and Poland, Vol. I (of 2)" by John Lloyd Stephens