How Do You Spell OCCASIONED?
Correct spelling for the English word "occasioned" is [ əkˈe͡ɪʒənd] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for Occasioned
Below is the list of 2 misspellings for the word "Occasioned". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- occassioned (90.0%)
- occasionated (10.0%)
Usage Examples for Occasioned
- Her retirement occasioned much regret throughout Germany, and the Emperor Francis I. paid her the unusual compliment of having her portrait painted in all her principal characters, and placed in the Imperial Museum. - "Famous Singers of To-day and Yesterday" by Henry C. Lahee
- And, pray, what occasioned this indisposition? - "After the Storm" by T. S. Arthur
- This occasioned such a moving scene, as is impossible for any human pen to describe. - "Trial-of-Mary-Blandy" by Roughead, William
- The answer was, that it was not my opinion that war should be occasioned by the exercise of that right, but that it would be. - "The Rise and Fall of the Confederate Government, Vol. 1 (of 2)" by Jefferson Davis
- The agony occasioned by this alone was almost intolerable. - "The Anti-Slavery Examiner, Omnibus" by American Anti-Slavery Society